Editors Downloads

Last Updated: 12 November 2017

James Brace (Goalkeeper)
A Walton & Hersham youth product, Brace joined the Casuals in November 2016 after impressing for the Reserves. Put in a Man of the Match performance on his debut last season and currently dual registered with Combined Counties side Abbey Rangers.

Denzel Gerrar (Goalkeeper)
Former Millwall number two Gerrar became the first-choice goalkeeper after a move from Sutton United in September 2016. The Arsenal and Wycombe Wanderers youngster has also represented Rio Maior (Portugal), Lewes, and Histon. Scored his first goal in a 3-2 win against British Airways in January 2017.

Stuart Owens (Goalkeeper)
Player-coach Owens joined during the 2016-17 season and has previously been on the books of West Ham United, Millwall, Oxford United and Southend United. He has coached goalkeepers at West Ham United, Southampton and Chelsea.

Fraser Trigwell (Goalkeeper)
Trigwell joined in the summer from Worthing United, after spells in the youth ranks of Lewes, Three Bridges and Shoreham.

Stuart Baldwin (Defender)
A local defender, Baldwin joined after a lengthy spell at Horsley Town where he made nearly 150 appearances in six years.

Joe Hicks (Defender)
A summer signing from Hampton & Richmond Borough, Hicks has made over 200 appearances in the Bostik League or above. The local centre-back was previously with Kingstonian and Corinthian-Casuals, and captained the latter during their trip to Brazil in 2015.

Max Hustwick (Defender)
Hustwick joined in September 2017 after making over 250 appearances for Kingstonian. He first had a spell at the Stags between 2006 and 2008, and has also featured for Staines Town, Lewes, Welling United, Hampton & Richmond Borough, Whitehawk, Corinthian-Casuals and Crawley Down.

Sam Labinjo (Defender)
Labinjo was a key member of the 2013-14 squad before a horrific injury kept him out of action for three years. A former Hampton & Richmond Borough, Walton & Hersham and Corinthian-Casuals full-back, he returned to action in the summer.

Harry Mills (Defender)
Greek defender Mills signed in July 2017 having impressed in pre-season. After starting his career at Hampton & Richmond Borough, he captained Walton & Hersham before taking a short break from football.

Dominic Ogun (Defender)
Ogun returned to the club in October 2017 after a brief spell at Chipstead. The former Staines Town and Guildford City striker-cum-midfielder-cum-defender made 45 appearances at left-back for the Stags last season.

Mohamed Abukar (Midfielder)
Abukar joined the team in September 2017 having previously featured in the Brighton & Hove Albion youth set-up.

Youssef Bamba (Midfielder)
Bamba joined for his fourth spell with the club in October. A former AFC Wimbledon winger, he first featured for the club in 2012 before returning the following season. Bamba also made 11 appearances for the team during the 2015-16 season. The Frenchman has also represented Farnborough, Carshalton Athletic, Guildford City, Kingstonian and Merstham.

Jack Battie (Midfielder)
After a short spell at the club during the 2012-13 season, Battie re-joined in July 2017. The versatile midfielder has also played for Eastbourne Town, Walton & Hersham, Farnborough, Godalming Town, Guildford City and Westfield.

Daryl Coleman (Midfielder)
Known as ‘Rooney’ to his teammates, Coleman signed from Whyteleafe last season and has been rewarded with the armband for the 2017-18 campaign. The tenacious midfielder has previously featured for Dorking Wanderers, Chipstead and Lingfield.

Luke Holness (Midfielder)
Holness joined in July 2016 and became the club’s youngest ever FA Cup goalscorer the following month. After an impressive first season, he spent pre-season with Stoke City before returning to the Stags. He made his 50th appearance for the club in September.

Alex Kelly (Midfielder)
Another summer recruit after his departure from Charlton Athletic, Kelly had previously signed a one-year professional deal with the Addicks. The midfielder featured for VCD Athletic on loan in 2016, and as a kid was in the ranks of Crystal Palace and Fulham.

Lartey Sarpong (Midfielder)
Sarpong joined in August 2017 after spells with Billericay Town and Grays Athletic. He made his professional debut with Notts County in April 2016 after a loan at Boston United.

Alfie Taylor (Midfielder)
A local midfielder, Taylor was signed from the Staines Town Academy in the summer. He won the Isthmian League Youth Cup in 2016 and scored in the final, going on to make a handful of appearances for the first team.

Josh Kelly (Forward)
Kelly joined in the summer on dual registration with Maidenhead United. Made 14 substitute appearances for the National League South champions last season while also appearing for the youth team.

Sean McCormack (Forward)
Another youngster from Maidenhead United, McCormack made two first team appearances for the Magpies last season. He also scored in all six Under-21 games he played in, and recorded 11 goals in as many games for the Under-18 team.

Michael Phillip-Ogbuogu (Forward)
A summer signing following his release from Leyton Orient, Phillip-Ogbuogu was previously on the books of Fulham and drew interest from Queens Park Rangers. The young striker has previously pledged his international allegiance to Nigeria.

Tyrell Richardson-Brown (Forward)
Richardson-Brown joined from league rivals Ashford United in October 2017. The pacey forward previously featured for Burgess Hill Town, Hastings United and Brighton Panthers – the University of Brighton football team.

Walton Casuals FC was formed in July 1948, owing its early origins to members of the Armed Forces.

The earliest roots of the club lead back to World War II. Following the conclusion of the war, a group of ex-servicemen returned to their council homes in the Walton-on-Thames area. They soon decided to form an “illegal” Sunday football team, who would go on to play friendlies against other “illegal” teams throughout the 1946-47 and 1947-48 seasons. They adopted the name White City FC, due to the outside walls of their houses being painted that colour.

In 1948, they decided to become a legitimate Saturday club, and Walton Casuals as they are currently known were founded. They became affiliated with the Surrey FA and acquired the use of a pitch at Elm Grove Recreation Ground. The club started off in Division One of the Surrey Intermediate (Central) League and gained promotion to the Premier Division in 1952–53. Walton Casuals would go on to finish as runners-up on 3 occasions: 1954–55, 1956–57 and 1964–65. The Surrey Intermediate (Central) League disbanded in 1965 and the club moved into the League’s Western Section for three seasons.

In 1969, the Casuals joined the new Surrey Senior League and moved into its most notorious home at Franklyn Road Sports Field, later known as the Waterside Stadium. Two years later the club became founder members of the Suburban League, playing one season at Walton & Hersham’s Stompond Lane ground before moving to Addlestone’s Liberty Lane ground for eight seasons. The club then returned to Franklyn Road, where the Reserves had continued playing in the Surrey Combination League. The 1982–83 season saw the Casuals win their first major honour, becoming champions of the Suburban League Southern Section and setting a league record of going 23 games unbeaten under manager Kim Harris. The following year the Stags were runners-up behind Sutton United, and in the 1986–87 season reached the Surrey Premier Cup Final, only to lose to Croydon.

Subsequent years saw the club slip into a steady decline, regularly finishing in the bottom two of the Suburban League. After 21 years of competing in the Suburban League, the club decided to switch to the Surrey Premier League in June 1992 in order to join the pyramid system. A year of consolidation paved the way for major changes at Franklyn Road the following summer, as Kim Harris was reappointed as manager after a successful spell at Hersham RBL and the club expanded into both Sunday and youth football. In 1993–94, the Casuals won the Surrey Premier League Challenge Cup, defeating Holmesdale after a replay, and in 1994–95 the club finished runners-up to Chobham in the league. They were also were losing finalists to Vandyke in the Challenge Cup.

During the summer the club was promoted to the Combined Counties Football League, and the first four seasons of senior football proved a real struggle. Finishing bottom of the league in 1996–97, the club avoided relegation thanks to the Combined Counties League exercising its prerogative to maintain a minimum number of clubs in the Premier Division. With the help of Walton charities, the installation of floodlights at Franklyn Road was completed in February 1999, a major hurdle overcome as far as ground requirements were concerned. The appointment of Mick Sullivan and Garry Clark as joint managers in the summer of 1999 brought about a dramatic improvement in results. As well as a best-ever finish of 5th in the league, the club won the League Cup in 2000, beating Viking Greenford 4–2 in the final. The following season was also a relatively successful one, with a placing of 7th in the table and another appearance in the League Cup final, beaten 3-0 by double-winners Cove.

Although 2002–03 proved a disappointment as the club finished in a lowly 18th spot, the seeds of success had been sown with Spencer Collins taking over as first-team manager in November 2002. As a team capable of much better things slowly began to take shape, ex-West Ham United player Tony Gale was installed as Director of Football. After more team-building in 2003–04, and a big jump up the table to finish in 7th spot, the club took the Combined Counties Football League by storm the year after, finishing 26 points clear at the top of the table. Initially failing an FA ground inspection, the club launched a successful appeal and achieved their dream of promotion to the Isthmian League Division One for 2005–06.

The club finished 15th in their maiden season in the Isthmian League, while regularly finishing in the bottom half in subsequent seasons. In 2009–10 the club achieved its best run in the FA Cup reaching the Third Qualifying Round, before losing to Staines Town. The club appointed Neil Shipperley manager in the summer of 2010 and managed to finish in 12th place, their best finish in the league at the time.

During early 2011 the club opened a new clubhouse and new changing facilities, with Mick Sullivan returning to the helm in October, following the resignation of Shipperley. After being sacked a year later, Danny Carroll took over as manager. With a reprieve saving the Stags in the 2012–13 season, the club appointed ex-Kingstonian assistant manager Mark Hams as manager, along with his brother Neil as assistant. The duo rejuvenated the squad and guided Walton to their highest ever league finish of 9th. However, after nine defeats in as many league games, Mark and Neil Hams left their positions at the club by mutual consent in September 2014.

Tony Gale and Anthony Gale were drafted in as caretaker managers, and immediately picked up the club’s first win of the season, securing a 1–0 victory in a trip to Redhill. In November 2014, defender Liam Collins was appointed first team manager with teammate Simon Huckle named assistant manager. Collins was able to secure the club’s safety with a comfortable 18th-placed finish. At the end of the season, Che announced his intentions to step down from his management position to focus on his last few seasons on the field, while Huckle parted ways with the club to join Redhill.

Anthony Gale was announced as first team manager shortly before the start of the 2015-16 season and guided the club to 18th in his first full season in charge. The following season saw the Casuals equal their best ever FA Cup run, reaching the Third Qualifying Round before defeat to Westfields.

Top Row (L-R): Jack Battie, Max Hustwick, Lartey Sarpong, Harry Mills, Joe Hicks, Denzel Gerrar
Bottom Row (L-R): Luke Holness, Sam Labinjo, Sean McCormack, Alex Kelly, Josh Kelly